- 100 g overnight soaked hazelnuts
- 0.6 l spring water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Soak the hazelnuts overnight (at least 8 hours). Place the hazelnuts in a bowl and cover with about an inch of water. Let stand on the counter overnight. The longer the hazelnuts soak, the creamier the milk.
- Drain and rinse the hazelnuts. Drain the hazelnuts from their soaking water
- Combine the hazelnuts, water, vanilla extract and honey in a blender.
- Blend at the highest speed for 2 minutes (I use Nutribullet).
- Press all the hazelnut milk from the hazelnut meal. Strain mixture into a large bowl through a sprout bag, cheese cloth or kitchen towel. Gather the bag, cloth or towel around the hazelnut meal and twist close. Squeeze and press with clean hands to extract as much hazelnut milk as possible.
- Refrigerate hazelnut milk. Store the hazelnut milk in sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Shake well before use!
For Chocolate Hazelnut Milk just add in a couple of tablespoons of raw cocoa powder.
For Cinnamon Milk – add in 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
For Strawberry Milk – add in the desired amount of strawberries.